Life with FASD: Two Day Training – Northland
Understand and Connect with Aroha
A course for parents, grandparents, whānau and caregivers based in Te Tai Tokerau.
For whānau and caregivers based in Te Tai Tokerau we are excited to pilot a free evidence-based FASD training course. Huge gratitude to Te Ora Hau Northland for supporting for this event.
What’s it about?
You are invited to register for a Northland based pilot Caregiver Education and Support Course for whānau impacted by FASD (or suspected to have FASD).
This is an evidence-based training with the objective to grow knowledge, develop greater resilience, learn strategies and meet others who are also living with FASD in their whānau.
RuruHana Brownie (Ngāpuhi nui tonu, Ngāti Pukenga ki Pakikaikutu) and Anna Gundesen bring their lived experience to these courses alongside being experienced Facilitators with a sound knowledge base of FASD and developmental trauma.
This course has been run very successfully for 18 months in Australia – here are some comments from attendees:
What was the most valuable part?
- “Being in a group of people who understand, and the Facilitator having lived experience.”
- “Realising that we as a family unit are not the only ones going through this and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.”
- “Knowledge gaining and peer stories.”
Some statistics from these courses
92% of participants reporting improved knowledge or skills.
91% of participants reporting that they had a better understanding of how to support their child as a result of their participation.
100% reporting that they developed supportive peer relationships via their participation.
100% reporting improved motivation and confidence as a result of their participation.
Is this training for you?
You’ll receive more information about the structure of this course once you’ve hit the Sign Up button. At that point if you decide to confirm attendance, you will be contacted by Tracey, our Training Administrator who will ask you for a few more details to clarify your requirements.
1. By clicking Sign Up you are consenting to receive occasional newsletters from us which you can unsubscribe from at any point.
2. There are limited spaces in this training and priority will be given to members of FASD-CAN. It’s free to join, click here.
3. This training also offers a ‘train it forward’ function – if you are interested in eventually becoming a Facilitator of this training then talk to us during the course.
See You There
When: September 28, 2022 at 9:30am – September 29, 2022
Where: Te Ora Hau Community Centre, Northland
021 0910 4421
NOTE: This training is over two days – 28th & 29th September, 9.30am to 2.30pm each day, including lunch.